Monday 7 September 2009

The "terrace"

One of the really good events this summer has been the work done in the garden. For months I had been agonising over getting rid of the lawn and finally made up my mind.(I am Pisces!) It was the best thing I could have done, I still have lots of greenery but the need to keep cutting the grass has gone, I couldn't call it a lawn anymore, since Stan has not been here to tend it, it had become a soggy,weed filled green nightmare. Now each day I pull back the curtains and this marvellous light fills the kitchen. Even on a wet morning the light reflected into the house is amazing. I can re arrange the pots with the seasons and take my coffee out and just enjoy my garden again. With the grapes and figs at their best I now feel v.Italian. Who needs Tuscany when its in my backyard? sorry, terrace.

2 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful and much easier to maintain, I'm sure. I wish we could get rid of our lawn in the front....such a waste of water, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, I feel v. fortunate to be able to get this done, I didn't sleep well for a day or two beforehand, wondering if I had made the right decision, but so far I have have not discovered any "downside"

    ReplyDelete