Sunday 21 March 2010

Slow cloth

Several people, including Jenster (thanks for your comment!) have asked me to explain the term 'slow cloth' I can only say what I think it means, it's all in the name of course but to me it's the sheer pleasure of working on a piece, maybe over several months or years, that gives me a real sense of joy in the 'doing' rather than the need to complete for a deadline etc., I first came across the term on Jude hill's blog www.spiritcloth.typepad.com and followed lots of links which in turn were expanding the idea and joined Slowcloth on facebook. One of the blogs I return to again and again for the pleasure of her work and the humour of her comments belongs to Morna Crites-Moore and the link is www.mornacrites-moore.blogspot.com

It's a glorious day and spring seems to have sprung, I have actually done an hours gardening without the need to wrap up and am feeling thoroughly virtuous. Hope the day is good for you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Many of the people talking about slow cloth lately are referring to the definition I wrote for it several years ago (no one else was using the term at the time; I believe I was the first to write a philosophy of it). Morna also began to use the term based on my definition. You can read about it on my blog at http://lainie.typepad.com, or on the Slow Cloth group on Facebook that I started with the help of Jude and Glennis Dolce, The Shibori Girl.
    Best regards,
    Elaine Lipson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila,
    Just a quick note to thank you for signing visiting me and signing up to follow my blog. Hope you enjoy what you see. Cheers, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete